Chicken ... 500 gms ( I have used boneless..you can use with bones too)
Onions ..... 3 medium (sliced)
Black pepper ... 1 tbsp ( freshly crushed)
Garam masala ...... 1 + 1 tsp
Soy sauce ........... 1 tbsp
Cinnamon stick ... 1 inch piece
Black cardamom ... 1-2
Salt ....................... to taste
Lemon juice ..... 2-3 tbsps
Garlic paste ...... 1 tbsp
Black pepper .... 1 tbsp (crushed)
Garam masala ... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder (1/4 tsp
1. Clean and marinate the chicken pieces with the ingredients mentioned above.
2. In a pan heat oil and fry the onions until golden brown in colour. Add the cinnamon and cardamoms (whole) and half cup water. Simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and saute for a few minutes stirring from time to time.
4. Add sufficient water to cook depending on the consistency you prefer.(dry or gravy)
5. Check the salt and add carefully as the chicken is marinated with it and also we will be adding soy sauce later.
6. When the chicken is done, heat a little oil in a pan and add the remaining garam masala and black pepper. Switch off the gas and add the soya sauce into the pan. Stir well and add to the cooked chicken. Stir carefully to mix it.
Garnish with coriander leaves.