Monday, August 13, 2012
JOWAR KI ROTI ( Millet)
Jowar atta ...... 1 cup ( millet) Jowar also is known as Jowari, Juar
Wheat flour .... 1/4 cup
Salt ................... to taste (optional) In South India geneally salt is not added in this roti.
Ghee/oil ..... to smear on top.
1. Mix both the attas and add salt if desired.
2. Knead the dough with luke warm water.Set aside for at least half an hour.
3. Roll into rotis...before rolling check the consistency of the dough and sprinkle a little water and knead again if required.....rolling this roti is a bit difficult. You can also roll in between the plastic sheets.
4. Roast it on a griddle until half done and finish it off directly on the gas using tongs. This gives a rustic look and taste.
5. Smear ghee on top and serve hot. Here I have served it with MIRCHI KA SALAN.
South Indian Cooking -SIC Series Event # 1 @ - Anu's Healthy Kitchen
Spotlight: Rice/Rotis @ Cuisine Delights & Recipe Junction