Wednesday, April 11, 2012

DAHI WAALE ALOO


Simple potato curry cooked with yogurt. This can be eaten during fasting days too.

Ingredients:
Potatoes .... 3
Curd .......... 1 cup
Green chillies...1
Coriander leaves ... handful
Mint leaves ........... 6-7
Ginger ............... 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder .. 1/8th tsp.(2 pinches)
Salt ..................... to taste
Cumin seeds ....... 1 tsp.
Oil.

Method:

1. Boil and peel the potatoes. Cut into cubes.

2.In a pestle and mortar grind coarsely the coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilli and ginger.

3. Heat 1 tbsp oil and add the masala paste. Stir fry for a minute and add the potatoes, salt and turmeric powder.Mix well and sprinkle a little water and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes.

4. Now churn the curd with a little water and stir into the potatoes and simmer for 2-3 minutes further.
.
Temper with the cumin seeds.
This sabzi goes well with puris.

Pin for later



You may also like:















14 comments:

  1. My fave Dahi aloo, looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes the curd curdles when cooking...how to prevent that, shobhaji?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amrita ..add the curd in the end when the dish is almost ready and keep stirring continuously to avoid curdling

      Delete
  3. Hi Shobha, you have a great blog. Sorry for the delay in replying. Thanks for sending this to my event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara.
      It was a pleasure participating in ur event, though I could not send many entries as I was travelling.

      Delete
  4. Yummy side dish and curd is my favorite. Thx for linking to the event.

    Vardhini
    CooksJoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so tempting. Love the combination of mint, coriander and green chillies. Will try it sometime. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dahi potato sabji. Your method is so different and its looks so nice with all the mint and coriander in it, must be so flavorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mayuri .. I would love to try out your version too.

      Delete
  7. One of my favourite's at my mom's place. I dont make it now,as no one eats it here, but I just love this. Your version looks very comforting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Do show some love if you liked my recipe. Leave a comment here.

Print Recipe