Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Yam ....... 200 gms.
Garlic ..... 1 small pod
Ginger .... 1 small piece
Curry leaves .. 2-3 sprigs
Coriander leaves .. handful
Green chillies ..... 2
Salt ..... to taste
Turmeric powder... 1/4 tsp.
Coriander powder ... 1 tsp.
Cumin powder ......... 1 tsp.
Tamarind juice ......... 4-5 tbsps.
1. Peel and cut the yam into thin slices. Boil it in a pan adding water.
Drain and let it cool
2. Coarsely grind the curry leaves, coriander leaves, ginger , garlic and the green chillies.
3. Add the tamarind juice and the dry masalas and salt to taste.
4. Coat the yam with the prepared masala and marinate for 2-3 hours.
5. Shallow fry the slices using very little oil.
This goes well as a side dish with dal chawal.