Method to prepare the potato :1. Boil 3 to 4 potatoes.
2. Mash them into small pieces.
3. Add salt, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp coriander powder, little cumin powder. Add chaat masala, if available.
Method to prepare the pani:1. Grind 2 tbsp mint leaves, 1 tbsp corinader leaves, 1 green chilli and salt to a fine paste, adding little water.
2. Transfer the paste into a container. Add 3 to 4 cups of water, about 1/2 to 1 tsp tamarind juice, 2 pinches of black salt, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, little black pepper powder, and finally, add chaat masala (if available).(Jaggery or sugar can be added if the liquid becomes very sour).
Method to prepare the puris:1. To make dough for the puris,
Maida or Wheat Flour.....1 tea cup
Sooji or Semolina Flour......1 tea cup
Salt to taste
Mix all above ingredients into a soft dough.
2. Take some dough, make into a big ball and roll out into a big, thin chapati on a flat surface.
3. Cut small circles out of it with the help of a sharp rounded object.
4. Now, deep fry them. Make them raise or puff up on high flame and then lower the flame so that they get crisp. Fry them till they turn golden brown.