Saturday, April 28, 2012
White flour ...........3-4 cups
Salt to taste
For the filling:
Chicken or mutton mince ... 1/2 kg
Onions ............. 2-3
Garam masala ....1 tsp.
Coriander powder ..... 1 tsp.
Cumin powder ...........1 tsp.
Dry mango powder .... 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric powder ...... 1/2 tsp.
Red chilli powder ........1 tsp.
(Prepare the filling)
1. Fry the onions to a golden brown colour.
2. Add the mince and all the spices, salt and saute it adding a little water till done. It should remain dry. Add the coriander leaves and let it cool.
3. Now prepare the dough. Just add salt to the white flour and knead it.
4. In a small bowl mix oil and white flour in equal proportions.
5. Make a paste of white flour and water and cook it for 1-2 minutes.(This will be used to bind the samosas)
6. Roll out 4 small rotis from the prepared dough. Apply the white flour-oil mix on each, place the other one on top. Roll together all the 4 rotis.
7. On a hot griddle quickly semi-roast the rotis. Cut them into long strips and seperate them.
8. Fold each strip into a triangular shape and fill it with the prepared mix. Bind it using the paste.
Deep fry and serve hot. For variation you can use any other filling like aloo, paneer etc. etc.