Here is a simple and healthy soup with a little twist... No oil or butter added to it .Like the Chinese soups have wontons, I have added the capeletti patsa with chicken filling. These are tiny stuffed pasta that look like little caos.. hence the name capeletti. You get the vagetarian ones too. Tried this soup for the first time and I really liked it. Serve with soup sticks or garlic bread.
Spinach / palak .... 1/2 bunch ( 2 cups chopped - I used frozen one 4 chunks)
Water .. 2-3 cups
Milk ............ 1/2 cup ( I used low fat )
Chicken capeletti .... 8-10 ( you get them ready in the stores)
Salt .... to taste
Black pepper .. 2 pinches - (freshly crushed )
1. Chop the spinach and blanch the leaves. Grind in a mixer adding 2 cups water. Strain and set aside.
2. Pour the strained spinach in a pan and bring to a boil.
3. Add the chicken capeletti and salt to taste.
4. Simmer until the pasta is done but not overcooked.
5. Add the milk and a pinch or two of freshly ground black pepper. You may also add the dry herbs if you like,
Note : Adjust the consistency of the soup as per your preference.